If you will be flying in the near future, you should probably check the TSA guidelines for permitted and prohibitted items on flights.
Due to enhanced security measures liquids, gels, lotions and other items of similar consistency will not be permitted in carry-on baggage. These types of items must be packed in your checked baggage.
Additionally, liquids, gels and lotions purchased beyond the checkpoint but must be disposed of before boarding the aircraft.
To ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers the following items are permitted.
- Small amounts of Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling
- Liquid prescription medicine with a name that matches the passengerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s ticket
- Up to 5 oz. (148ml) of liquid or gel low blood sugar treatment
- Up to 4 oz. of essential non-prescription liquid medications including saline solution, eye care products and KY jelly
- Gel-filled bras and similar prostethics
- Gel-filled wheelchair cushions
- Life support and life sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs carried for medical reasons
You are permitted to bring solid cosmetics and personal hygiene items as such lipstick, lip balm and similar solids. Please remember these items must be solid and not liquid, gel or aerosol.
Please keep in mind, that while we can not provide an exhaustive list of items covering all eventualities, all liquids, gels, or aerosols of any kind are prohibited at security checkpoints, in airport sterile areas, and aboard aircraft. You can pack these items in your checked baggage.
I think my stance on this is well known.Ã‚Â I will leave it at my request for balance in spending and restrictions.Ã‚Â You can read my other posts for more details.Ã‚Â This is just something of a public service message, providing you information on how to find out more.
Note that the TSA page does not directly address the question of snakes on this page.Ã‚Â So if you have some snakes you want to have travel with you, it might be wise to call ahead and see if you are allowed to have them on the plane.
[tags]TSA permitted and prohibited liquids guide, Snakes on a plane[/tags]