End of the year review time, hot shot. Here are a number of sites giving out their top XX games of 2006 virtual awards and a sampling of their awards. Check some out and see with which you agree.
- 49. Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords (PC)
- 34. Microsoft Flight Simulator X (PC)
- 23. LocoRoco (PSP)
- 4. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
- 2. Sci-Fi Blockheads!
LEGO STAR WARS II
PS2, Xb, GC, PC, PSP, DS
- 5. Spandex Gaming!
- 10. Mammoth RPGing!
THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION
Some random guy on Amazon.com:
1. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Collector’s Edition (DVD-ROM) by 2K Games
10. Black by Electronic Arts (Whaaaaa? Note: Does not match up with the view of most of the rest of the gaming community)
16. Guitar Hero 1 Bundle (with Guitar) by REDOCTANE
CBS News on top portable games:
- “Power Stone Collection” is a collection of two older Sega Dreamcast games merged into one. It’s a solid and slick fighter that is every bit as fast and fun as it originally was. Retail price $30. (PSP)
- If puzzle games are your thing, or you enjoy music/rhythm based games, “Lumines 2” will easily fit the bill with more music options and a great price. Retail price $30. (PSP)
- Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin” will utilize WiFi capability to play cooperative in certain modes, so you don’t have to go demon slaying alone. Retail price $35. (DS)
- “Elite Beat Agents” is a quirky “touch the screen to the music” game that had me laughing within minutes of playing it! Music and rhythm game fans will LOVE it. Retail price $35. (DS – I just got this game, and it’s addictive)
There are plenty more such lists out there if you take the time to look.Ã‚Â It’s interesting to see how much overlap there is and how many unique entries there are per list.Ã‚Â You’ll see Oblivion and the various Guitar Hero incarnations on most lists, I think, but otherwise it is all up in the air.
[tags]Top games of 2006[/tags]