There was a time when I seriously thought I wanted something like this.Ã‚Â (long sentence alert)Ã‚Â That’s a 12″ portable DVD player, which sounds pretty good until you consider current pricing on 10″ portables (the price hasn’t been set on the 12″ yet), the size a 12″ player would need to be, and the remarkable affordability of low-end laptops with DVD drives capable of playing all the same content *AND* allowing you to run office applications, browse the web, keep up with e-mail, and more.
[tags]Portable DVD player[/tags]
(via Design Technica via TechEBlog)
I’ve been looking for a good, reliable, sturdy, affordable portable storage device for my wife to carry around.Ã‚Â She has some USB memory sticks, but more storage is always good, right?Ã‚Â I think Plextor is looking like a worthy contender for a storage provider in this realm.Ã‚Â Check out these shock-proof external hard drives.Ã‚Â Available in 80 and 120 Gig for $169 and $260 respectively.Ã‚Â I’m seriously considering picking up one of the larger capacity drives at that price.
The external PX-SP hard drives, said Plextor, make use of a specially designed silicon jacket bumper that reportedly helps keep the drive from crashing if it is dropped. The storage device, which measures 3.3Ã¢â‚¬Â x 0.7Ã¢â‚¬Â x 5.5Ã¢â‚¬Â and weighs less than eight ounces, supports USB 2.0 for a maximum data transfer rate of 480Mbps. The PX-SP comes bundled with a USB cable, the silicon jacket and a quick start guide.
[tags]External storage, Shook-proof drives[/tags]
The folks over at IGN have put together a list of the 10 worst game quotes ever. Full list follows the break.
- “All your base are belong to us.” – Zero Wing
- “I am Error.” – Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
- “Jill, why don’t you, the master of unlocking, take this lock pick.” – Resident Evil
- “You were doomed as soon as you lost the ability to love.” – Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- “Yo gangsta! Get ready to gang bang!” – Bust-a-Groove
- “I feel asleep.” – Metal Gear
- “You can’t give it up! Triumph or die!” – Street Fighter Alpha 3
- The DK Rap – Donkey Kong 64, Super Smash Bros Melee
- “A Winner is You!” – Pro Wrestling
- “Shine Get!” – Super Mario Sunshine